Extracts of the Plumeria flower (also known as the Frangipani Flower), as seen in the Kona Tanning Gradual Tanner, is hugely beneficial to our skin.
As a natural fragrance, the Plumeria allows many cosmetics and skincare lines to avoid parfumes, which a lot of people are sensitive to – huge plus!
Anyone familiar with a Plumeria’s scent could agree that even used alone, it makes a beautiful, tropical fragrance. The Plumeria is one of my all-time favorite flowers, and the scent takes me back to Hawaii, every time!
ACTIVES & BENEFITS OF PLUMERIA FLOWER EXTRACTS
Lignin is a natural organic substance that binds cells together. It allows cells to move while giving them structure. Lignin helps in keeping skin supple and toned at the same time. Lignin would make a fantastic active in anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, skin toning and damaged hair products.
– Growth Stimulator and Anti-bacterial.
– Oxygen scavenger and Anti-oxidant.
BENZOIC ACID DERIVATIVE
– Potent antioxidant activity.
– Capacity to diminish oxidative stress- induced tissue damage resulted from chronic diseases.
– Important properties such as anticancer activity.
METHOXY FLAVONE GLYCOSIDES
Glycosides are used for two reasons in natural skincare, they help get other vital ingredients absorbed into the skin & to hydrate the skin by binding onto water molecules.
– Provides potent antioxidant protection & supports healthy immune system function.
– Supports healthy collagen production, the main component of connective tissue
Can you think of a better reason to toss your parfume, and use only natural fragrances from now on?!